With its rolling hills, beautiful coastline and higher than average UK summer temperatures, Dorset has all the basic ingredients for happy holidays. Add to that stunning beaches and hidden coves, family attractions and fascinating museums, historic castles and fabulous gardens, activities and water sports aplenty, and it’s not surprising that Dorset is such a popular visitor destination.
You don’t need a camera to picture yourself here!
- Imagine – beginning the day by waking up to a stunning sunrise over a glistening sea.
- Experience – the thrill of finding the fossil of a long extinct sea creature.
- Have a go – nearby facilities include sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, fishing, golf.
- Explore - the countryside with its rolling hills and picturesque villages.
- Relax – on a secluded beach or pretty harbourside.
- Walk – along some of the South West Coast Path.
- Cycle – one of the many off road cycle tracks.
- Taste – some of Dorset’s stunning home grown produce, flavoursome ice creams or local ciders.
Just some of the places to visit...
Links below are to external websites.
- Monkey World – Ape Rescue Centre
- Forde Abbey & Gardens
- Weymouth Sea-Life Park & Tower
- Bovington Tank Museum
- Abbotsbury Swannery, Children’s Farm and Sub-tropical Gardens
- West Bay - Location of ITV’s ‘Broadchurch’
- Chesil Beach
- Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove
- Thomas Hardy’s Cottage & Max Gate
- Dinosaur Museum
- Wookey Hole Caves
You’ll find plenty of literature and information on all the area’s attractions in our reception.